Thursday, January 7, 2010

two new highs

So the funny thing is, I created this blog last year (around this time) with the intention of writing once in a while, well I didn't post at all, typical. Well this year I'm doing better, I'm going to have at least one post, but hopefully more *fingers crossed*.

Winterbreak: much needed relaxation time. Absolutely no stress/studying.

So I have started to do yoga recently, and let me tell you, it is amazing. The amount of flexibility it requires is astonishing, but at the same time, you gain so much flexibility. I have also rekindled my love-hate relationship with running. Right now running and I love each other. Running outside is killing my lungs though, but our treadmill needs lube on the belt, so it's a lot easier to run outside than to run on a machine that skips whenever it wants making me feel like i'm going to die every couple seconds from panic, not to mention my palms get kind of sweaty so i can't count on traction from my palms on the handles to save me. I think what I like the best about running, is the control I can have, the speed at which I run, how long I run, how far I run. I love running to a nice soundtrack, if I have a good playlist, I can keep running forever *well as long as I have my inhaler on me*. It is also a time that enables me to clear my mind completely, and just focus on breathing and movement. There is the obvious endorphin high after a nice long run, and the shower that follows it is amazing :). I look forward to this part of my day, I like to go running at night, when it's relatively quiet out, or early in the morning, less interference that way, more continual flow. The best part of it though, is there is always a new goal to work towards everyday, and there is that inward want to push myself further and further everyday.

I think it's hard to think about your body and the attention it needs during school, well at least for me, because my focus is on studying or partying haha, but I think now that I'm going to stop dancing as often as I used to, it's important to pick up something that I can stick to, yoga and running are two good replacements no? Well that's it for now. I don't want to over do it on my first blog. Until next time...I'll try and write something a bit more interesting.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment