Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cosmo article appeal

So I'm sitting here, after work doing one of my favorite things, I made tea (english breakfast tea with honey) reading cosmo, annndd listening to michael bublé. Work is going really well! I am making good progress on my project and I have a strong sense of independence now that my boss knows I can produce good results.

Anyway, that's a gist of what I'm up to, now to get to the meat of this post, so as I said I was reading cosmo, last months issue, because I'm a little behind, I came across this excellent article that I just HAVE to share! So the article is called 4 Gutsy Changes to Make in 2010...

1. Be Bad More Often

Now if you know me at all, you know why I like this one. "breaking rules is empowering" YES..YES it is...within a certain limit though of course. Live a little, and I think second semester senior year of college, before we are hurtled into our career paths or *transition right before* is the ideal time to do the damage that needs to be done :) Life is short, do what you want, live with no regrets.

2. Add to Your Crew

Ok this one is a no brainer, but building a social network almost always works in your favor. Plus who doesn't want new friends? Well actually there are some people who are completely happy with the friends they have and have no desire to meet new people, well they are missing out! New friends bring new things into your life, or just spending time with friends you don't spend time with often can too... Think about it, friends influence each other a lot, new friends bring new things to the table, plus if you're bored you have more people to hang out with ;)

3. Unleash Your Alter Ego in the Sack

Ummm YES. That one kind of speaks for itself...

4. Take time to think about NOTHING

Day dreaming is great, according to psychologists it increases creativity, makes sense and it is relaxing. I day dream quite a bit, while at work when I'm waiting in between steps, in class, when the professor is boring *so always during class*, on long car rides, etcetera. but think about it it is calming in the sense that it let's you get away for a while, however cosmo reccomends you do so for an hour, now that seems a bit extreme to me, I mean when do I actually have time to sit and day dream for an hour? I get bored of day dreaming that long. Before bed? maybe, but honestly when it's lights out time during the semester, I am knocked out in 5 minutes.

Cosmo makes some good suggestions about new years resolutions, I find myself mostly agreeing with these. I think the whole idea of new years resolutions is kind of funny but at the same time relaxing and very positive, it's also a time where you get to reevaluate things in your life. I think that's the most important aspect of it, you are forced to look at what you did and what you regret and are able to make a conscious effort to fix yourself, now how long that lasts is up to you isn't it? :) Well that's all, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment