Saturday, January 9, 2010

chew on this

Purchasing gum...

I am a pretty decisive person normally, however when it comes to picking a pack of gum, I know I take longer than the average person to decide. There are a myriad of thoughts going through my mind as I look at the plethora of options. I always like sugar free, i mean why consume empty calories, so that's not the issue. The issue is committing to a brand, shape, and flavor. Primarily, flavor, am I in the mood for bubble gum, fruity, or minty? If it's fruity what type of fruity...citrusy, berries, etc? What's made it more complex is the fact that there are now so many options of fruits, trident even has fruity flavor within a fruity flavor!!! If I want minty, well how strong of a mint, what kind of mint *personally I like peppermint, but sometimes i go for spearmint, hardly ever wintergreen*, then what kind of texture do I want? Do I want a chicklet hard shell filled with soft gum? Or do I want something chewy right away? Do I want mint burst peices in my gum *i'm thinking ice breakers* or do I want just smooth chewing? What about company? Should I get orbit, five, wrigleys, trident, etc...? Momentarily I think "ooooo that box looks prettier". And finally after all this debate I have to ask myself, am I willing to chew this flavor until the pack is empty, I mean after all, I'm relying on it to keep me awake and help me focus in class, or to freshen my breath when necessary, I mean I need to be practical here. Finally I do make a decision, but the point I want to make is it is not a clear cut easy decision for me, my synapses fire vigorously during the decision making process. That's all for now. Until next time...

Ps, yay for a second post! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment