Thursday, January 14, 2010

Funny things about guys

So today at work I had issues opening a jar that contained the wash buffer I needed, so first thought, ask a guy in the lab, seeing as there are plenty. Well I found a guy and asked him to open it, he looked at me like I was a damsel in distress, with that smile on his face like yes I would love to show off my manliness, well he struggled. Then he tried to tap it with a metal thing and tried again, no luck...we had to use a wrench to open the jar finally but he did. At the end of all of his efforts, for which I'm extremely thankful, he says "phew thank god I got that open I was starting to feel like a wuss". This is when it occurred to me, no matter what the age (this man was in his 40's I believe), men want to prove their manliness. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, on the contrary, I find it HIGHLY amusing. It is so easy to be a chick, someone asks me for help to open something that's stuck, if I can't do it I have no problem saying, man that lid is shut tight, I can't do it. But that is not an option for men in their minds, they will do everything in their power to open that jar, bottle, etcetera because it's a chance for them to show off their MAN qualities.

Another interesting thing is guys and cosmopolitan magazine, and what an effect it has on them. Since I knew it was going to be a long day at work, I pulled out the magazine, because it's still break and I don't have shit to study. WELL...the boys were definitely interested in what I was reading, curiosity was peaked and they were peering and glancing over. It's interesting, guys do not buy cosmopolitan mag, I mean can't blame them the covers are usually pink, purple, or a girly blue, with SEX written in bold letters and the magazine talks to a woman audience, however this doesn't stop them from wanting to read it. Plenty of guys I have dated/guy friends, if given the opportunity will flip through a cosmo issue. Well, this could be put to good use ladies, maybe if you wanna give your man a hint, leave him alone near a cosmo and highlight, circle, or mark the pages/tips you want him to see LOL. I have always wondered, in the guys confessions section, what guys actually write those, are they real? I have my doubts...I got through almost the entire issue today, feb issue is quite good, very informative ;)

Well it's bedtime, until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment